Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Who wouldn't enjoy firing these people? - Ann Coulter

Can you imagine not being able to fire someone who stole from you? Or attacked you physically? Or raped your daughter? Or your son?

Or what if you couldn't fire your pool guy or your gardener or your babysitter because they did a lousy job? Or just because you couldn't afford them any longer?

How about not being able to fire an insurance company that provides you with awful service?

Earlier this week, Mitt Romney got into trouble for saying, "I like being able to fire people who provide services to me." To comprehend why the political class reacted as if Romney had just praised Hitler, you must understand that his critics live in a world in which no one can ever be fired -- a world known as "the government."

(And a tip for you Washington types: Just because a person became rich without working for government doesn't mean he is "Wall Street." A venture capital firm in Boston that tries to rescue businesses headed for bankruptcy, for example, is not "Wall Street.")

Romney's statement about being able to fire people was an arrow directed straight to the heart of Obamacare. (By the way, arrows to the heart are not covered by Obamacare.)

Talking about insurance providers, he said:

"I want individuals to have their own insurance. That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don't like what they do, you can fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know, if someone doesn't give me a good service that I need, I want to say I'm going to go get someone else to provide that service to me."
Read more at Human Events...

No comments:

Post a Comment